- At least one parent always gets pooped or peed on. It is rare that I don’t, as well.
- Some babies sleep the entire time and I’m packed and ready to leave within two hours of arriving.
- Some babies eat, pee, poop, fuss, and take three minute naps for the entirety of the session and I may be there five hours, getting the shots I want to showcase.
- Sibling images are my ALL TIME FAVORITES!
- Those gorgeous sibling images are WAY more difficult than they seem, but always worth it!
- ALL baby skin needs editing – they turn pink anywhere anything touches them.
I believe that every mother deserves a set of gorgeous images of her baby. Carrying that baby inside you for nine months is no joke… it is HARD on your body. Then labor comes along… yeah, mommas, you earned those pictures!
When I shoot a set of newborn portraits, I try to incorporate any family member present – at least any who will allow me to include them. NO one looks their best after bringing a newborn home. Sleep deprivation sets in and everyone is trying to adjust. But you know what? You will never regret being in those pictures. If you don’t do it for yourself, do it for your babies, who will one day look back and realize how loved they are.
Confession time… those gorgeous images you see do not look like that straight out of the camera. There is a lot of effort after the session that goes into perfecting the images you see.
If you’re a photographer and you’re reading, hoping for editing tips, go ahead and watch the video. You can always hit me up if you have questions.
If you’re a curious parent or parent-to-be, then enjoy! THIS is why you book a professional ;)